Tuesday 3 June 2014

The lady behind Not Just Bracelets.....


We at The Curious Cat HQ love her work and wanted to find out a little bit more about the lady behind Not Just Bracelets...


"I work with young special needs children.  I love the work and the involvement with the children but it can be quite stressful at times.  Making jewellery is my hobby and my therapy I guess!  I have been enjoying creating jewellery for a number of years.  Selling it is quite a new venture.  I have to admit that I prefer the making part more than the selling but I have enjoyed the interaction with the public.  I have met some lovely people and the feedback I receive is very encouraging.  I make jewellery that I enjoy wearing and it gives me much pleasure seeing other people also enjoying wearing something I have created.


I buy the metal components and then spend hours playing with them and coming up with the different designs. Ultimately I would like to work with (precious) metals and create my very own unique pieces. A couple of years ago I completed a course on working with metal and was very proud (and somewhat surprised) when at the end of the course the principal of the college offered to buy my copper pendant."


You can meet the lovely Isabel Scarlett and purchase her unique pieces at The Curious Cat's Garden Party on Saturday 5th July. In the meantime, you can check out more of her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment